Ginger Snap is a character from the 2003 - 2008 series of Strawberry Shortcake. She is one of Strawberry Shortcake's friends. She lives in Cookie Corner. Her main interests are inventing, machinery, and baking cookies. Her pet is a chipmunk named Chocolate.
One of Ginger Snap's most noticeable personality traits is having a "motor mouth", or having a tendency to talk very fast and ramble. Ginger Snap is generally kind and friendly to others. She does, however, tend to get upset or annoyed when something isn't going right. She also is scared or frightened easily, especially of the dark, shown in "Ginger Snap's No Light Night of Fright" and "The Blueberry Beast."
- Ginger Snap has tan skin, brown eyes, and short black hair with choppy short bangs and tied into two low pigtails, secured with magenta hair ties. She has a blue hat with an image of a gingerbread man on the front, along with a pink ribbon tied around it. She wears a magenta cardigan with a white top underneath, along with blue jeans with a pink wavy design and an orange belt. She also wears blue flats with pink socks underneath.
- Because she along with the rest of the characters have aged, Ginger Snap appears to be taller and older. Her general outfit is the same as previous seasons, except her pigtails are longer and hip-length, and pink stripes have been added to the bottom of her jeans. Her previous footwear has been replaced with blue sneakers as well.
- Ginger Snap not only bakes cookies, but macarons as well, as mentioned in "Meet Strawberry Shortcake" and "Spring for Strawberry Shortcake".
- "Cinderella" is her favorite book. She also likes "The Trojan Horse". ("The Play's The Thing")
- Her ideal careers have been mentioned as being a race car driver ("The Sweet Dreams Movie"), a firefighter ("The Good Mayor"), or an astronaut ("One Small Step")
- Aside from inventing and baking, Ginger Snap also has an interest in astronomy, especially stars. She has mentioned that she has lots of books about stars and loves to read about space. ("One Small Step")
- She can play the saxophone. ("It Takes Talent"; mentioned in "Playing To Beat The Band")
- Angel Cake mentions that she is talented at hair braiding, and she taught her tips. (mentioned during extra of DVD "Happily Ever After")
- She hates being in cramped spaces for too long. ("Strawberry's Big Journey")