During the 1980's Banana Twirl was one of the final friends befriended by Strawberry Shortcake during it's initial run in the 80's. She appeared scarcely in merchandise and made small appearances throughout the final Strawberry Shortcake Meets the Berrykins Special, which is noteworthy with fans of the series. In 2007, she was reintroduced as Banana Candy. Her outfit and personality had changed drastically. Instead of being the energetic girl she was before, she is now the Mayer of her own town Banana Boro. She seems to be skilled in engineering as well as several other jobs she learned to do in her town.
- Like Lime Chiffon, most of her movement and thought process are about Dance, and passion. She is healthy and fit, and tends to move around quite a lot.
- Banana Candy is still an energetic girl but now is the mayor of her own town. As well as governing Banana Boro, she also is a skilled mechanic.
- While not too many official pictures were released, in the final special her common attire was revealed to be a white blouse with elbow sleeves, gold skirt, pale yellow and white striped pantyhose, gold leg warmers and dark green ballerina slippers. Her pigtails were held with green bows and she had a white sweatband around her head. Her eyes, when up-close are revealed to be ivy-green.
- Banana Candy has long golden blonde curly hair and a yellow cap. She wears a chic pink scarf over her yellow tee and matching yellow pants underneath her pink skirt.
- Banana Twirl may have been the inspiration to the current Plum Puddin', along with Lime Chiffon.
- Banana Twirl's hairstyle during the end credits makes her resemble the current rendition of Lemon Meringue.